University of Warsaw
Faculty of Management, Department of Strategy and International Management
Aleksandra Wąsowska is an Assistant Professor of Strategy and International Business at the Faculty of Management, University of Warsaw, where she obtained her PhD in Organisation Studies.
She authored and co-authored numerous book chapters and papers in refereed academic journals, including Business History, European Journal of International Management and Journal of East European Management Studies. She is a member of Academy of International Business (AIB) and European International Business Academy (EIBA).
Fields of interests
Her research interests include emerging market multinationals, internationalisation of firms from post-communist countries, transformation of state-owned enterprises, and behavioral strategy and entrepreneurial decision-making. She currently investigates the role of post-communist legacy in international strategies of Polish firms, and works on a monograph on cognition and emotions in international entrepreneurship. She is also interested in entrepreneurial intentions and career choices of young people from post-transitional economies, especially in the context of ‘International Business’ activity (e.g. intention to start a domestic new venture, intention to start an international new venture, intention to work for a multinational company, self-initiated expatriation intent, etc).
Proposition of common research in GETM3
Antecedents and Outcomes of Self-Efficacy Beliefs of Management Students in Post-Transitional Economies: Implications for International Entrepreneurship
Research articles in peer-reviewed journals
- Wąsowska, A., Postuła, I. (2018). Formal and informal governance mechanisms in state-owned enterprises: Evidence from post-transitional Poland. Baltic Journal of Management (forthcoming).
- Ciszewska-Mlinarič, M., Obłój, K., Wąsowska, A. (2018). Internationalisation choices of Polish firms during the post-socialist transition period: the role of institutional conditions at firm’s foundation. Business History (forthcoming).
- Postuła, I., Wąsowska A. (2018). Managerial discretion, firm performance, and CEOs’ support for privatisation of state-owned companies. Journal of East European Management Studies (forthcoming).
- Wąsowska, A., Obłój, K., Ciszewska-Mlinarič, M. (2018). When does formalization contribute to Entrepreneurial Orientation? – the moderating role of industry life cycle. Journal of East European Management Studies (forthcoming).
- Wąsowska, A. (2017). Bridging the psychic distance through diaspora networks : the case of Polish firms in Brazil. Problemy Zarządzania, 15(3/2).
- Wąsowska, A. (2017). Firm-specific determinants of SMEs’ decisions to withdraw from export activity. International Journal of Contemporary Management, 16(1), pp. 145-165.
- Wąsowska, A. (2017). Venturing to distant markets – Polish firms in Latin America. Journal of Management and Financial Sciences, 28(2), pp. 37-71.
- Wąsowska, A. (2017). Organisational-Level Attributes of Micro- Multinationals. The Evidence From European SMEs. International Journal of Management and Economics, 53(1), pp. 84-98.
- Wąsowska, A. (2017). The Internationalisation of Family Firms: the Role of the Ownership Structure and the Composition of Top Management Team. Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review, 5(1), pp. 169-185.
- Wąsowska, A. (2016). Perception of Export Barriers at Different Stages of the Internationalisation Process -Evidence from European SMEs. Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management and Innovation, 12(4), pp. 29-50.
- Wąsowska, A., Obłój, K., Ciszewska-Mlinarič, M. (2016). Virtuous and Vicious Learning Cycles in the Internationalisation of Emerging Market Firms. European Journal of International Management, 10(1), pp. 105-125.
- Ciszewska-Mlinarič, M., Obłój, K., Wąsowska, A. (2016). Effectuation and causation: Two decision-making logics of INVs at the early stage of growth and internationalisation. Journal of East European Management Studies, 21(3), pp. 275-297.
- Wąsowska, A. (2016). Who Doesn’t Want to be an Entrepreneur? The Role of Need for Closure in Forming Entrepreneurial Intentions of Polish Students. Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review, 4(3), pp. 27-39.
- Wąsowska, A. (2013). Ownership structure and internationalisation process of Polish publicly listed companies. Management and Business Administration. Central Europe, 21(3), pp. 82-97.
- Wąsowska, A., Obłój, K. (2013). Resource-based determinants of internationalisation of Polish companies. Journal of International Doctoral Research, 2(1), pp. 8-34.
- Ciszewska-Mlinarič, M., Obłój, K., Wąsowska, A. (2016). Strategia Korporacji [Corporate Strategy]. Warszawa: Wolters Kluwer.
- Obłój, K., Wąsowska, A. [eds.] (2014). Zarządzanie międzynarodowe – teoria i praktyka, [International Management – theory and practice]. Warszawa: PWE.
- Wąsowska, A. (2015). Experiential learning project on doing business in ‘bottom-of-the-pyramid’ markets of Central and Eastern Europe, in: V. Taras, A. Gonzalez-Perez (eds.) The handbook of experiential learning in international business. Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 292-306.
- Ciszewska-Mlinarič, M., Wąsowska, A. (2015). Resource-based view (RBV). Wiley Encyclopedia of Management, 6, pp. 1-7.
- Wąsowska, A. (2014). State-controlled multinationals from transition Economies: evidence from Poland, in: M. Thai, E. Turkina. (eds.) Internationalisation of firms from economies in transition: the effects of politico-economic paradigm shift. Edward Elgar, pp. 17-38.
- Wąsowska, A. (2014). Milk start by Danone Poland – serving BOP market through innovative partnership, in: M. Gudic, A. Rosenbloom, C. Parkes. (eds.) Socially Responsive Organizations and the Challenge of Poverty. Greenleaf Publishing, pp. 168-176.
- Ciszewska-Mlinarič, M., Mlinarič, F., Wąsowska, A., Wąsowski, K. (2014). Socio-Economic Development and Competitiveness: Poland, in: A. Zhuplev (ed.) Geo-Regional Competitiveness in Central and Eastern Europe, the Baltic Countries, and Russia. IGI Global, pp. 289-317.
- Wąsowska, A., Obłój, K. (2013). Location determinants of Polish outward FDI and the impact of the global crisis, in: M. Marinov, S. Marinova (eds.) Emerging economies and their firms in the global crisis. Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 240-258.
- Wójcik, P., Wąsowska, A., Obłój, K., Ciszewska-Mlinarič, M. (2017). With your headphones on: go global or stay local? Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, 7(1), pp. 1-21.