PhD Candidate in Marketing
Dublin City University
DCU Business School, Marketing Group
Her research is focused in the area of information systems and approaches to information systems implementation. She has a particular interest in the human aspect of IS implementation since IS often fail not because of technological drawbacks but because end users either do not accept IS or do not know how to use them.
Dimitra’s teaching specialisms include Business Performance Management, Information Management and Information Communication Technology in the Global Supply Chain, which she delivers across a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in addition to supervising students at all levels.
Her PhD is in the area of integrated systems and in particular the implementation of Strategic Information Technology Services (SITS) in the UK Higher Education sector. Dimitra has published papers in International Journal of Information Management, Studies in Higher Education, Prometheus, Journal of Enterprise Information Management and Journal of Supply Chain Management Systems. She has co-authored a number of book chapters and she regularly attends and presents her research at national and international conferences.
Dimitra is looking for opportunities to cooperate and collaborate with companies and organisations that have an interest in developing their supply chain and information system capacities. She enjoys enriching her knowledge by looking into various business aspects and problems.
Fields of interests
Supply chain and information system capacities development
Proposition of common research in GETM3
Supply Chain Management Systems, Systems capacities
PUBLICATIONS: ACADEMIC JOURNAL ARTICLES
- Skoumpopoulou D. and Waring T. (2017), Cultural change through the implementation of an enterprise system: a UK university case study Journal of Enterprise Information Management, In Press
- Skoumpopoulou D. (2017), Understanding good practice in workplace coaching, Forthcoming in Frontiers in Management Research, 1 (2). pp. 37-45.
- Waring, T., Wainwright, D. and Skoumpopoulou, D. (2016), Enterprise Systems Adoption: A Sociotechnical Perspective on the Role of Power and Improvisation, International journal of systems and society, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 49-66
- Skoumpopoulou, D. and Nguyen, T. (2015), The Organisational Impact of Implementing Information Systems in Higher Education institutions: a case study from a UK University, Strategic Change, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 463-485
- Skoumpopoulou, D., Dewaele, D. and Vlachos, I. (2014) Effects of the supplier selection process on post-contract supplier performance, Journal of Supply chain management systems, Vol 3, No. 1
- Waring, T. and Skoumpopoulou, D. (2013) An enterprise resource planning system innovation and its influence on organizational culture: a case study in higher education, Prometheus, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 427-447
- Waring, T. and Skoumpopoulou, D. (2012) Through the Kaleidoscope: Perspectives on cultural change within an Integrated IS environment, International Journal of Information Management, Vol 32 No 6, pp. 513-522
- Waring T. and Skoumpopoulou D. (2011) Emergent cultural change: unintended consequences of a strategic information technology services implementation in a United Kingdom university, Studies in Higher Education, Vol. 39 No. 4
PUBLICATIONS: BOOK CHAPTERS
- Skoumpopoulou, D. and Franklin, B. (2015), Implementing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system: The challenges involved, Book chapter in Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, IGI Global
- Vlachos, I., Skoumpopoulou, D. and Gutnik, S. (2014) Electronic supply chain management tools in international business: Evidence from Austrian food clusters. In: E-commerce platform acceptance: Suppliers, Retailers, and Consumers. Springer, New York. ISBN 978-3319061207
- Vlachos, I. and Skoumpopoulou, D. (2014) Loyalty in Crisis: Evidence from Greece. In: Strategic Marketing in Fragile Economic Conditions. IGI Global, Hershey, PA. ISBN 978-1466662322
- Skoumpopoulou, D. and Robson, A. (2017), Understanding an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system implementation experience: the importance of organisational culture, BAM 2017 forthcoming
- Saleh, S., Abdelrahman, M. and Skoumpopoulou, D. (2017) Critical Success Factors Affecting Knowledge Management Systems Applications: A Theoretical Framework, UKAIS 2017, Oxford accepted
- Skoumpopoulou, D. (2016), A review of the use of integrated information systems in the higher education sector. In: UKAIS 2016, April 12-13, Oxford, UK.
- Skoumpopoulou, D., Vlachos, I. and San José, J. (2014) Social Media Impact on Marketing and Operations of Small and Medium Companies: A Delphi study. In: 2nd International Conference on Contemporary Marketing Issues (ICCMI), 18-20 June 2014, Athens, Greece.
- Skoumpopoulou, D. and Waring, T.S. (2014) The Organisational Impact of Implementing Integrated IS in HE institutions: a case study from a UK University. In: ICEIS 2014 – The 16th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, 27-30 April 2014, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Waring T., Wainwright, D. and Skoumpopoulou D. (2011) Management utopia or user dystopia? A critical analysis of university administration system, International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2011)
- Waring, T and Skoumpopoulou, D. (2011) Through the Kaleidoscope: Perspectives on cultural change within an Integrated IS environment, UK Academy of Information Systems Conference, St Catherine’s College, Oxford, 11-13 April 2011.
- Waring, T. and Skoumpopoulou, D. (2010), The paradox of an integrated systems implementation: How to disengage the stakeholders, 7th CMS Conference, Naples 2011, Italy
- Skoumpopoulou, D. and Waring, T. (2010), Integrated Administration Systems and their impact upon organisational culture: A case study in a UK University, The 17th International Conference on Information Systems Analysis and Synthesis: ISAS 2011, Orlando, Florida
- Skoumpopoulou, D., Waring, T.S. and Wainwright, D.W. (2009) Emancipatory practice and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems implementation: A study of the impact of integrated systems on organisational culture, Critical Management Studies Conference, 13-15 July 2009, Warwick Business School
- Skoumpopoulou, D. (2009) Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems implementation: a study of the impact of integrated systems on organisational culture, UKAIS workshop on Thursday 14th of May 2009 at De Montfort University, Leicester UK